What We Believe
At GraceWay Church, we hold to the following core beliefs:
- About God - God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. Gen 1:1, 1:, 1:, 3:22, Ps 90:2, Matt 28:19, 1 Pet 1:2, 2 Cor 13:14
- About Jesus Christ - Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven's glory and will return again someday to earth to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Matt 1:22-23, Isa 9:6, John 1:1-5, 14:10-30, Heb 4:14-15, 1 Cor 15:3-4, Rom 1:3-4, Acts 1:9-11, 1 Tim 6:14-15, Titus 2:13
- About the Holy Spirit - The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives all believers a spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians, we seek to live under His control daily.
2 Cor 3:17, John 16:7-13, 14:16-17, Acts 1:8, 1 Cor 2:12, 3:16, Eph 1:13, Gal 5:25, Eph 5:18
- About the Bible - The Bible is God's Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without error. 2 Tim 3:16, 2 Pet 1:20-21, 2 Tim 1:13, Ps 119:105, 119:, 12:6, Prov 30:5
- About Human Beings - People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God's creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called "sin." This attitude separates people from God and causes all problems in life. Gen 1:27, Ps 8:3-6, Isa 53:6, Rom 3:23, Isa 59:1-2
- About Salvation - Salvation is God's free gift to us but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin's penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith. Rom 6:23, Eph 2:8-9, John 14:6, 1:12, Titus 3:5, Gal 3:26, Rom 5:1
- About Eternal Security - Because God gives us eternal life through Jesus Christ, the true believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. If you have been genuinely saved, you cannot "lose" it. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives us this security. John 10:29, 2 Tim 1:12, Heb 7:25, 10:10, 10:, 1 Pet 1:3-5
- About Eternity - People were created to exist forever. We will exist either eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence.
John 3:16, John 14:17, Rom 6:23, Rom 8:17-18, Rev 20:15, 1 Cor 2:7-9
- About Family - Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. It is God's unique gift to reveal the union between Christ and His church and to provide for the man and the woman in marriage the framework for intimate companionship and the means for procreation of the human race. Children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord. Gen 1:26-28, 2:15-25, 3:1-20, Exod 20:12, Deut 6:4-9, Josh 24:15, 1 Sam 1:26-28, Gen 51:5, 78:1-8, 78:, 78:, 139:13-16, Prov 1:8, 5:15-20, 6:20-22, 12:4, 13:24, 14:1, 17:6, 18:22, 22:6, 22:15, 23:13-14, 24:3, 29:15, 29:17, 31:10-31, Eccl 4:9-12, 9:9, Mal 2:14-16, Matt 5:31-32, 18:2-5, 19:3-9, Mark 10:6-12, Rom 1:18-32, 1 Cor 7:1-16, Eph 5:21-33, 6:1-4, Col 3:18-21, 1 Tim 5:8, 5:14, 2 Tim 1:3-5, Titus 2:3-5, Heb 13:4, 1 Pet 3:1-7